Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fear Not




So much have happened in our Church these days. "Fear not." This message is told and retold in different ways. Has the Pope's resignation changed any thoughts or feelings you might have had for the Church? Has it brought fear to your heart, perhaps because you do not know where certain directions will lead you? The economy has become worse; you and I might be robbed even of our basic needs. "Save me, O Lord, in your kindness." "But my trust is in you, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.'" Once again God reassures us in one of the readings of the day: "Fear not. I am with you always" (Isaiah 41:10).  Praise God for his Word! What would you and I do without its comfort and peace, its assurance of God's promise of protection and kindness to his children? Let's you and I cling to our precious God at all times; his words are worth clinging to. God's Word renews us, it is ever refreshing to the soul! And, it shall see its fulfillment!

The law of the LORD is perfect,
refreshing the soul.
The decree of the LORD is trustworthy,
giving wisdom to the simple.  (Psalm 19:7)


So shall my word be
that goes forth from my mouth;
It shall not return to me empty,
but shall do what pleases me,
achieving the end for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11)