Thursday, July 4, 2013

Poem by Easter Almuena: Glorious summer | Hawaii Catholic Herald


Photo by Easter Okalani Almuena



This is a poem quite significant to me. This was actually written last year, towards the end of its summer. I went through some trials -- the "dying" I was talking about -- but came out of it victorious with God's grace, of course. Saying 'yes' to God oftentimes means having to embrace all sacrifices that go with the dying. It stands, however, that God is faithful (1 Corinthians 1:9; 2 Timothy 2:13), so he will have us see the end of pain and suffering: the resurrection. As was expected, with the hope that he never fails to recognize in us, built in us by the faith that we exercise in him, at the end of this particular part of my journey, I saw the glory of God. It has been so fruitful, not just for me, but also for those who were involved in the experience.

A glorious summer to all!
Easter Almuena